Thursday, June 5, 2008

Figure Drawing Workshop - Sessions 4











Last nights results I've enjoyed. I feel my confidence growing in capturing the basic structural shapes, though there are still some poses that are hard to break down quickly. Using the simple lighting technique is going well. I still want to rush which results in my mark making muddying up the shadow planes. I think this tendency to hurry comes from years of schooling and the need to get done quicker or to "finish" the piece quicker for a grade (even though art is hardly ever finished.) Slowing down (I still value my ability to get a quick picture of the whole and want to retain this skill) a bit will help me not make so many mistakes in the tougher areas of poses or form construction. Practice, practice, practice...

These all vary in lenght from 10 secs to 25 minutes being the longest.

No comments: