Monday, July 7, 2008

FDW - Sessions 7







I had a good week last week. I'm enjoying the larger chunks of lightly compressed charcoal (had some old stuff, not exactly sure what type it is.) I can make and control lots of happy accidents and mistakes can be easily wiped away. The only problem is that this charcoal has little permanence on the paper. Ideally I'll find a clean up charcoal that I can combine the two. So far any I've tried to combine have resulted in different hues between the two types of charcoal.

I'm still getting a bit of the small-head-syndrome; gota' keep an eye out for that. Since these drawing sessions go so fast it's easy to forget to step back for a quick look.

Still really bad phone camera shots. In the coming months I'll look into a half-way decent digital camera.

I'm still digesting a lot of Ron Lemen's videos over at Xtrain.com. Very informative stuff.

No comments: