Monday, July 7, 2008

July is Rest of Leg Month.



I've been doing good on remember the names of the muscles on the upper thigh region. I'll continue to study and memorize more muscles. I don't want to burn out on learning all these so I'm going to continue at my own pace as needed. Understanding the structure of anatomy can greatly increase an artists eye for subtle changes and how to exaggerate when needed. Going to the Figure Drawing Workshop each week reminds me of the need to keep studying. The models that George brings in are wonderful and normally have great character. To have at my fingertips answers about muscles and why the form is looking the way it does helps tremendously during complicated poses and foreshortening.

I'll be posting last weeks FDW sketches soon (if not tonight.)

No comments: